Administrator - Home Health & Hospice
OnPointe Health is actively seeking a talented and dynamic Administrator for Sierra Home Health & Hospice. This individual should have at least five years of proven home health leadership experience and the ability to market the agency's services through community outreach and building referral source relationships. The Administrator is employed by and responsible to the Board of Directors for management of all aspects of the agency and for the effective and efficient use of all resources in carrying out the organization’s purposes, serving as a liaison between board, staff, and community. Located in the heart of southern New Mexico, Sierra has proudly served Las Cruces and the surrounding areas with compassionate, patient-centered care for over fifteen years.
- Administration of the agency’s programs, consistent with goals, objectives and policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Management of the affairs of the agency with full authority under the direction of the Board and within the Board policies, program definition and approved budgetary restrictions.
- Serving as a member of the agency’s Board of Directors and Professional Advisory Committee.
- Assume responsibility for the overall management of the agency.
- Provide counsel to the Board regarding needs of the community and agency and health care planning relating to terminal illness.
- Oversee program planning, development and evaluation activities.
- Present proposals and recommendations to the Board for action regarding policies and procedures.
- Recommend and participate in formulation of the organization’s goals, objectives and related policies.
- Identify community health needs relating to terminal illness.
- Plan for development of programs related to identified needs, consistent with the purposes and resources of the agency.
- Direct programs through delegation of responsibility to administrative and supervisory personnel according to their abilities and defined responsibilities.
- Monitor methods of program administration, planning, supervision, and evaluation.
- Direct modification or expansion of programs according to information obtained, board direction and agency guidelines.
- Manage the development and implementation of administrative policies.
- Establish functions and qualifications for all personnel.
- Determine staffing needs and staffing patterns according to program requirements and with consideration for utilization of personnel at their maximum potential.
- Oversee the development and administration of personnel policies which helps attract and retain qualified personnel.
- Oversee salary and compensation program.
- Oversee budget development and present recommendations reflecting program priorities to the Board.
- Monitor compliance with agency-approved budget.
- Oversee development and implementation of financial policies.
- Oversee a public relations program which allows for interpretation of the agency’s services and fosters good working relations with physicians and community agencies.
- Participate or delegate participation in community activities with particular reference to terminal care.
- Perform other functions as necessary.
- Demonstrates understanding and actively participates in CQI process.
- Practices and actions reflect the CQI recommendations and organization-wide policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining accountability in job performance and for improving job knowledge and skills.
- Supports agency’s philosophy, goals, objectives, mission, vision and valu
- ?New Mexico state licensed Physician, Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Speech-language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, or Audiologist
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a home health and/or hospice care.
- Demonstrated ability in program administration including knowledge of health care policies and successful reimbursement practices.
- New Mexico driver’s license and availability of a car with insurance per state requirement.
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Excellent health benefits
- Employee Assistance Funding
Job Status: Full Time