ADON - Assistant Director of Nursing Services
Onpointe is announcing an opportunity at Princeton Place. "Our family, caring for your family. Our home is your home". This describes our compassion and dedication to quality of service and care delivery for our residents at Princeton Place. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to complement our professional team in caring for our residents. This opportunity will offer a candidate a wide range of experience in a large skilled nursing facility with a diverse population of residents
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, development and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to make certain that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times
• Must hold a current nurse license
• Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Nursing Services in a skilled nursing facility or sub-acute setting is preferred
• Must have a proven track record of integrity and performance, and an in-depth knowledge of the Long Term Care industry (customer satisfaction; employee satisfaction; regulatory compliance; clinical)
• Embrace the standards, values, and beliefs of the organization
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must exhibit sound judgment making skills, patience and compassion
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Be capable of maintaining effective working relationships with residents, family members, staff members and stakeholders
• Possess the flexibility to approach skilled nursing and long term care services through a resident-centered model
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
• Assist the Director of Nursing in Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern nursing care facilities
• Responsible for staffing development goals
• Maintain written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department
• Assist in the development and implementation a nursing service organization structure.
• Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
• Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to enhance the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
• Actively participate in an ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Program for the nursing service department.
• Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of an ongoing risk management program for the nursing service department
• Monitoring of resident care and services to achieve quality outcomes and high customer satisfaction
• Monitor and evaluate programs to promote the recruitment, retention, career development and continuing education of staff
We invite you to submit your letter of intent and resume for consideration and personal interview
Come join a team that is leading the next generation of skilled nursing and rehabilitative healthcare services
Job Status: Full Time