Assistant Director of Nursing
Laguna Rainbow Care Center is currently seeking a qualified and capable Assistant Director of Nursing to assist our Director of Nursing with the overall operation of the nursing department in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for staffing development goals
- Maintain written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department
- Assist in the development and implementation a nursing service organization structure.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to enhance the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Monitor and evaluate programs to promote the recruitment, retention, career development and continuing education of staff
- Monitoring of resident care and services to achieve quality outcomes and high customer satisfaction
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of an ongoing risk management program for the nursing service department
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Actively participate in an ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Program for the nursing service department.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current Nursing licensure as an RN or LPN
- Strong Organizational and Assessment Skills
- Experience in skilled nursing/or sub-acute care setting in a Nurse Management position
- Experience with MDS development, completion and timely transmission or similar process in another health care setting
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to meet regulatory deadlines
- Enjoys a brisk and energetic work pace
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Excellent health benefits
Job Status: Full Time