Billing & Collections Specialist - Home Health & Hospice
OnPointe at Home, a full-service home health, hospice, and personal care provider, is seeking an experienced Billing & Collections Specialist. This individual will be responsible for all revenue activities including, but not limited to, the coordination of claim submission and reimbursement process, and will also maintain compliance to all state and federal regulations while reporting directly to Reimbursement Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verifies preparation and timely submission of all claims and patient statements to assure prompt payment and contractual compliance.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to reimbursement assistants while staying current on all program related Medicaid and Medicare laws and regulations.
- Addresses escalations of questions from patients, staff, and insurance companies.
- Certifies that all pre-bill auditing is completed to assure that all state and federal guidelines are followed
- Monitors the processing of payments from insurance companies and patients.
- Assures that timely and accurate follow up activity is performed on all invoices not paid within 60 days of submission
- Coordinates all AR reporting and provides cash flow updates to Reimbursement Manager.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Knowledge of business office procedures to include a basic understanding of accounting.
- Understanding of third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred.
- Required 1+ years of home health and/or hospice reimbursement experience.
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive work environment based on collaborative teamwork
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Excellent health benefits
- Employee Assistance Funding
Job Status: Full Time