Maintenance Assistant/Floor Tech
POSITION: Maintenance Assistant/Floor Tech
The primary purpose of Maintenance Assistant position is to assist in the planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and Maintenance Director, to assure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
• Experience in physical plant management
• Experience in skilled nursing or sub-acute setting preferred
• Knowledge of Life Safety Code Requirements for skilled health care facility is preferred
• Embrace the standards, values, and beliefs of the organization
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must exhibit sound judgment making skills, patience and compassion
• Be capable of maintaining effective working relationships with residents, family members, staff members and stakeholders
• Responsible for assisting in the establishment and maintenance of a comprehensive Preventative Maintenance Program
• Responsible for assisting all work/repair requests throughout the facility
• Responsible for maintaining the overall appearance of an organization, presenting a clean environment to visitors and employees.
Floor technicians scrub, shine, clean and repair carpeted and noncarpeted areas using appropriate equipment and chemicals. This job includes moving large furniture and objects and following safety guidelines to prevent injury to themselves and others.
Job Status: Full Time