Personal Care Attendant
Sierra Health Care a skilled nursing facility in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico currently has an opening for a full time Personal Care Attendant. We are looking for individuals that are compassionate about the care they provide to our residents. If you are interested in applying for this position please submit resume or apply in person at 1400 N. Silver St, T or C, NM 87901.
Responsible to the supervisor for carrying out the duties assigned to increase the level of comfort, safety and to maintain a healthy environment for the patient and/or provide respite for the primary caregiver from daily household tasks.
- Cleans house, including sweeping, dusting, etc.
- Buys groceries and other required items.
- Plans and prepares meals.
- Does laundry and mends clothing.
- May provide standby assistance with ambulation/toileting/bathing to insure the safety of the patient.
- Provides companionship and emotional support.
- Assists members of the family to carry out household tasks.
- Performs related work as required in the plan of care.
- Completes appropriate records in a timely manner.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining accountability in job performance and for improving job knowledge and skills.
- Supports agency’s philosophy, goals, objectives, mission, vision and values.
- Accepts other assignments as appropriate.
- Demonstrated competency in performing housekeeping tasks and/or completion of a training program in homemaking activities.
- Ability to recognize the needs of people and to maintain good relationships in dealing with them.
- Experience as a homemaker.
- Preferably a high school graduate.
- New Mexico driver’s license and availability of a car with insurance per state requirement.
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Ability to build patient relationships
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent health benefits
- Employee Assistance Funding
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, On Call