Speech Therapist (ST) (SLP) - Home Health, Part-Time
OnPointe at Home, a full-service home health and hospice provider, is seeking a qualified, part-time Speech Therapist. Under the direction of our Home Health Director, our Speech Therapists work with an interdisciplinary team to develop individualized plans of care for our patients in order to enhance the quality of their lives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide services that improve or maintain function in support of the palliative care philosophy of hospice or rehabilitation goals of home health.
- Provides treatment to any patient in accordance with physician’s orders and the patient’s plan of care.
- Instructs family or other health team personnel concerning patient’s speech therapy program.
- Maintains records and reports in accordance with the policies of Advantage Home Care, to be written after each visit.
- Assists physician in determining patient’s specific abilities and disabilities.
- Makes ongoing evaluations of the patient’s condition and progress and the effectiveness of the treatment program. Notes evaluations on patient’s medical record.
- Conducts in-service education programs for agency staff including attendance at Interdisciplinary Team meetings when appropriate.
- Discharges patient after discussing case with attending physician and Nurse Case Follows Advantage Home Care’s policy regarding procedure.
- Demonstrates understanding of CQI
- Actively participates in CQI.
- Practices and actions reflect the CQI recommendations and organization-wide policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining accountability in job performance and for improving job knowledge and skills.
- Supports agency’s philosophy, goals, objectives, mission, vision and values.
- Accept other assignments as appropriate.
Benefits & Allowances
- Competitive Compensation
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Funding
- Positive, supportive work environment
Skills / Requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Speech Pathology from an accredited university, certified by the American Speech and Hearing
- Licensed by the State of New
- A minimum of two years work experience in a clinical
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts and methodology required of a speech therapist and its practice application in the treatment of hospice patients
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work with a interdisciplinary team
- New Mexico driver’s license and availability of a car with insurance per state
Job Status: Part Time